Monday, November 17, 2008

Hey, how're you now...?

Have you ever taken someone you loved for granted only to realize too late that you've never properly appreciated that person? Where do I begin..on these threads of life..

Back when I was in Form 2, I met a boy and his sister in the online game Ragnarok. Being very new in the game, we traversed the wide virtual world together. Having fun, sharing memories. Ah, those days, and eventually ( since I had no handphone ) they gave me their address and we began writing letters to each other, pen pals of sorts. Imagine that one day the little girl asked me to be her foster brother. I said alright, and thus began a beautiful memory in the vault that is my heart.

Months passed, we shared memories. I found out that she was suffering from leukemia. My poor godsister. They, living in Kedah, were too far away for me to visit but eventually, we drifted apart, seldom communicating but yet, she would always call me "korkor", her term of endearment for me. Childish it may seem, but I found it cute. She was the first and only girl to tell me those three words, "I love you". Not romantically, but affectionately, as a sister and then when her illness got worse, she had to be sent back to Taiwan. I had no way of contacting her.

All these letters in my room, are but memories to me of this special girl, who taught me how to treasure life as it is, not to take for granted your loved ones. I pray God has healed her, wherever she is right now. I miss those days, rolling by. Every moment not spent with her I regret. Though we never met in person, she has showed me values which are to be cherished and remembered...

Memories of old come to my mind,
In these dusty letters which I find,
Can you see my tears flowing?
Through all these years, pain growing.

Why does life seem so fleeting!
For you dear sister, my lonely heart beating.
Where are you, long gone by.
As I gaze up to this starry sky.

Wishing you were here to share my joy,
Like a little child with a new toy.
In the wind, your voice whispers of memory,
Of this sad endless melody,

A brother I was, but for awhile,
Regretting that I had not gone that extra mile,
To cherish those moments with you dear,
And now, after all this I'm left here.

Regretting the past, my mistakes and all,
Walking through the woods in the lonely fall,
Where art thou sister, your face I miss,
Or your loving memory, but a goodnight's kiss.

In my heart, you'll always be.
A sister you were, dearest to me.
These lessons in life given and kept,
Missing your voice, alone I wept.

Can you remember what day is today? I'll tell you... This is just for your ears...



Love,
Jet Saber

3 comments:

Cai Yi said...

is that you?? u are the main character??? how old is that girl? is she still alive?

Chris Redfield said...

Of course it's me. I wont simply write strange things. If everything goes well for her, she should be 16 by now. Haha! Well, I dont know whether she's alive or not, I had lost contact with her already.

Cai Yi said...

oh...
too sad to hear that