Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Letter From Rose

I managed to find a nice pen laying on the floor this morning, so I can finally start writing again. I still haven't finished putting down the story about the warrior girl who fights snow monsters. Sparrow always like listening to that one - sends him right to sleep!
It's not easy for me. Weather is getting colder and soon our shelter won't be anywhere near enough. We'll freeze death if we don't find something better. And the family of travelers who let us stay in their caravan last winter haven't come back this year. It was nice having someone to look after us for a chance. If only we could find some ways of getting our very own money...
We're small enough that no one would notice us. We'd like ghosts, or like mice, hiding in the walls. We'd tip-toe out when everyone goes to bed and raid the larder. I bet they have so much food in there, they'd never even notice. Bah, day-dreaming isn't going to get us anywhere. We'll have to think of something.
Oh, Jet, I wasn't able to tell you this back in seven years ago and you must be thinking why am I writing to you again all of a sudden. I want you to know this - My family underwent a bankruptcy. What are left are only me and Sparrow, dad had us abandoned and went disappeared soon after. That's fate, I guess.

Rose

No comments: